Wednesday, November 5, 2008

PORT DOUGLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

I arrived in Australia well and have been here for a couple of days already. I have so much to say already... but I'll try to keep it short.

My flight was GREAT! Quantas is BY FAR the best airline. The stuarts were super friendly and always made an effort (they even walked me to my terminal in Sydney so that I would not miss my flight!).

The shuttle bus was waiting for me in Cairns and we drove North to Port Douglas. The drive was BEAUTIFUL! So green... the ocean so clear. In Cairns I found my friend Tamara almost right away.

The hostel is great... almost resort-y with a great pool and friendly people from all over the world. The beaches in Port Douglas are pretty amazing as well.

My first day here was spent at a pub with campaign. It was the race day here in Auss and everyone was out to watch.

My opinion that Aussies are the friendly est people has been reaffirmed time and time again.

Tamara and I have formulated a plan for the first part of our trip. We are heading to Cape Tribulation tomorrow which is basically a forest. After that we are going back to Cairns to take a scenic train around the area. Then we will be spending 2 nights on a boat around the great barrier ref. After our snorkling we are going to rent a van and drive south. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. My cheeks hurt from smiling.


I miss yous all!

kisses,

Tati

No comments: